Thursday, May 15, 2003

Alright, I'm attempting to transfer all the previous journal entries of my website on to this site. Hopefully this will be easier and more efficient. Soooo.... Her it goes.

May 15, 2001 am

Well, These next 2 weeks are my last 2 weeks of school for this year. Yipee!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love my students and I will miss them greatly, but I am ready to get out of Tallahassee for a while. I'm excited about this summer. This will be the first summer in a while that I haven't worked most of the time. I am traveling most of the summer to many differents places. I will start the first week in June in South Carolina. I am in Alison's wedding (friend from college) and it will be a nice reunion of many of my college friends. Then I will be heading up to NC/VA to spend some time with my family, friends, and bumming around on the lake. Then down to Tampa/St. Pete for a family vacation. Some time in there I will be going to TN to hang out and tour some of the sites... After that I have 2 weeks that are a little up in the air... I may try to work a bit, and then the last 2 weeks of summer will be spent in Puerto Rico with the youth of Temple Baptist Church for a missions trip. I am totally excited about that! I've never been there (except when we had a layover in on our way to the Dominican Republic.) I guess the only thing that stinks about traveling so much this summer is the GAS PRICES! Oh My Gosh! I'm going to be broke! Gas is in the $1.60's here! And that's for the cheap stuff! At least Georgia is a little cheaper! Well, I hope that I can see you when I am off for the summer. It will be great to catch up!


May 15, 2001 pm

Just got my hair cut tonight... Something I've neglected for way too long. I almost didn't make my appointment tonight. I have felt meloncholy today. Part is probably from a lack of sleep (Amber and i stayed up late last night talking about theology.... that's enough to make anyone tired!) Plus I got Bebo's new CD and his music usually has that flavor. Ever feel like everyone is changing and moving on and doing bigger and better things.... and you are staying the same? Hmmm... I understand.

May 7, 2001

Weekend Reviews: I spent the weekend in Clearwater/Tampa, FL, and what a nice relaxing trip it was. I've only been there once before, but my family will vacation there this summer, so it was a great preview of my trip to come. I went down to see Sabrina graduate from college. I am so excited that she and Cathy will be teaching with me next year! We are going to have a blast.
One thing that I love about that area is the palm trees. I don't know why but it just makes me feel warm inside when there are palm trees around (it was very warm this weekend). Yesterday we made it to the beach for a couple of hours. IT WAS HOT! (So hot that I almost passed out.) Then we headed back to Tallahassee last night. All in all a very fun weekend. It gave me a taste of the summer when I am traveling a lot. I am excited about that! I told Sabrina that next summer we are going to have to take a road trip across the country and back. How FUN would that be!!!!
I should sign off now and find some work to do. I miss all of you Carolina/Virgina Folks (among other friends sprinkled around the world.) I'll see you soon though

May 4, 2001

Yesterday marked the beginning of my 26th year on this earth. Yes, It was my birthday. I can hardly believe it. In reflecting back on my past years, each individual segment of my life seems as if it were its own little lifetime. Each having its own excitements and disappointments. This part has been no different in that aspect, but in other ways it is very distinctive. God has used certain distinctives to help me to look to Him for my next step, although it is a process of growing, and I have fallen back many times.

"I could have fainted if I hadn't seen the goodness of you, My God,
And my head is being lifted so I can keep my gaze to you;
The race is becoming clearer than when I was staring down at my feet,
Pondering the next step to take.
Yeah, I would have fainted if I hadn't seen Your goodness in this place."

May 2, 2001

I just had the best morning! Amber and I have been waking up early on Mon., Wed., and Fri. to go walking. Well, when the alarm went off I really just wanted to go back to bed, but then I heard Amber knocking on my bedroom door, so I dragged myself out of bed. Man, there's just something about getting your body moving in the morning that starts the day off right. To make the day even better, I got to be with the sixth graders this morning b/c their teacher had an appointment. I loved it! It was so fun being in there with them. It was during Bible Class, and so we mostly sang some fun songs, and I taught them a new one... "It's By Grace". They made fun of my NC accent while I was singing. I only wish I had my guitar to play along (or at least attempt). Being in there took me back to the year I taught third grade. Gosh, do I miss it. Well, I'm off now to get ready for my next class.
~See Ya


May 1, 2001

Hello to whoever has found this page and is now reading the very first words that I am entering into this web journal. Why a web journal? Well, I thought that it would help my family and friends that are far, far away, stay up with my daily happenings, if they so wish... (It's better than getting group emails that you may not care to read.) Anyway, at this point I have nothing important to write, so I will sign off for tonight. I trust that all is well with you!
Cheerio!

April 19, 2000

Our faith semester is
winding down, and next Monday will be
our last night to go out visiting. It has been a
great semester full of challenges. The Lord
has done lots of great things through this
ministry this semester, and to be a part of that
has been a blessing to me. The Lord has and is
teaching me many things this semester. I
think the biggest lesson I am learning is to
trust him (it is a continual process of a few
steps forward, a few steps back, a few steps
forward, and so on.) I have found that when
you are serving the Lord, Satan is standing there
ready to throw things at you to distract
and discourage, but if you keep your eyes focused
on HIM, Satan will loose that battle!!!! It
is not an easy process though. I am praying
about next semesters faith team. I have an
option to be a faith leader, but if I take that
option, I need to have 2 people that are on my
team as learners. Pray that God makes it clear
to me about what he wants me to do and
who should be on my team. Also, with summer
coming up, I have been thinking about
summer plans. I will probably be working at
North Florida Christian with the computer
program part-time, but I do have a few weeks that
I will have a break. I am not sure what
I will do in that time. I will come home for a
little bit, but maybe God would allow me to
do something else too. Keep that in your
prayers.
I am in the process of finding new roommates and
living arrangements. Pray that God
will lead me in that area.
And finally, Pray for my next school year. There
are ideas that I have for places I can
serve, but I'm not sure which ones I will pursue.
I will be teaching computer again at
North Florida, but I would like to get involved
in other college or youth ministries.
So many decisions coming up.

April 10, 2000

A friend of mine sent me this little story that
reminded me that even though we are in a race
(the race of life), don't loose focus of the
importance of caring about and helping others.
This story reminded me of these verses in
Philippians.

Philippians 2:3-4
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory;
but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other
better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every
man also on the things of others.

A few years ago, at the Seattle Special Olympics,

nine contestants, all physically or mentally
disabled, assembled at the starting line for the
100-yard dash. At the gun, they all started out,
not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to
run the race to the finish and win. All, that is,
except one little boy who stumbled on the
asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times, and
began to cry. The other eight heard the boy
cry. They slowed down and looked back. Then
they all turned around and went back.
Every one of them.
One girl with Down's Syndrome bent down and
kissed him and said: "This will make it
better." Then all nine linked arms and walked
together to the finish line. Everyone in the
stadium stood, and the cheering went on for
several minutes. People who were there are
still telling the story. Why? Because deep down
we know this one thing: What matters in
this life is more than winning for ourselves.
What matters in this life is
helping others win, even if it means slowing down
and
changing our course.

Feb.29, 2000

Right Now I am sitting in an HTML class at
the Florida Educational Technology Conference. I
am really excited that I am learning how to
design web pages. You are probably thinking,
"You aren't learning! You're typing email."
Don't worry! I'm keeping up! I'm
multitallented b/c I can do both at once!
Anyway, I will be in Orlando until Wednesday. It
is a nice break from school. :0)

I was traveling to Orlando last night so I
didn't get to go to Faith Evangelism. Sounds
like they had a great night.

Feb. 22, 2000

I had a great
weekend. I spent all last week babysitting for
some of my students (from Wednesday to Saturday)
so it was nice to be in my own home again.
Saturday night I went out with my Sunday School
class to the Bowling Ally. Then a friend and I
went to Fun Station. There we played video
games, laser tag and batting cages! It was a
blast! Sunday was Friend Day at church and the
audiorium was full of new faces. The goal was
for everyone to bring their unsaved friends so
that they could hear the gospel. The Lord really
blessed, and 10 people were saved/made public
professions of faith. College Sunday School was
also awesome. We worshiped together and then
Scott delivered a message on The Vine (the new
name of our group.) All in all it was a great
day, and I thank God for that. Last night at
faith our group kind of struck out in finding
people home, but there was one person saved from
another group which is very exciting! Praise the
Lord for his salvation and for ours!

"But Let all those that put their trust in Thee
rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because
though defendest them: Let them also that love
thy name be joyful in thee!"
Ps. 5:11

Jan 25, 2000

How is everyone doing today? I hope that you are
having a great cold, winter day. I hear that my
friends in Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia
have had some snow and ice. As for us in
Florida, we are just miserably cold (or at least
I am since I prefer the warmer seasons.) To
those of you that have snow, I hope that you
enjoy any time you get off from work or school.
Build a snowman for me! :0)
Well, last night was our first visit out with
Faith Evangelism. We had about an hour of
learning time at the church and then we went out
to visit at about 7 pm. The college Faith team
visited 2 college students which we found were
not at home, but we did chat with their roommates
for a few minutes and left the door open to go
back next week. Even though I was a little
disappointed not to get to talk to either of the
students we went to see, I feel that God may have
opened up the door for us to speak to not only
the students we intended to talk to, but also the
roommates we met last night. I am excited to see
what God will do with those situations.
After going out for about an hour and a half,
everyone meets back at the church for a time
called Celebration. Let me just tell you, after
Celebration time, I was wanting to go out and
tell the world. Last night 4 people were saved
including one college student. Several who were
already believers showed interest in attending
church and/or Sunday School. It is neat to be
able to share these moments together.
Next week we will be going out on Thursday. I
can't wait. Thank you for praying for us
throughout the week and while we were out last
night.

"HE can no more leave a life unchanged than a
mother can leave a tear untouched."
Max Lucado
Just Like Jesus


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home