Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Sunrise

This morning on the way to work I was listening to Rich Mullins and the song Hold Me Jesus was playing. The song starts out:

Sometimes my life just don't make sense at all

Just as those words started to play, I got to a place in the road where the sun could be seen through the trees. It was still a little hazey making the sun a muted pinkish ball that reminded me of an African sun rise (not that I've been there... yet... but from what I've seen on movies and tv.) It was at that moment that everything was put into perspective. Not that my life HADN'T been making sense or anything, b/c I feel pretty darn blessed, but that song had spoken so much to me in times past. There HAD been times that those words have escaped out of my heart. Anyway, on the way to school I was able to see that pink ball transform into a brilliant, blazing fireball. That song goes on to say,

It's so hot inside my soul, there must be blisters on my heart

While enjoying the blessing of that sunrise this morning, that is how I felt, AND I want MORE of it. That passion for God that burns so deep down that you know it must be blistering your insides. Not a passion that is fuled ONLY by emotional fervor, but a passion that is rooted in the awe of knowing God and His character. May God grant me that by His mercies that are new with every brilliant sunrise!

Psalm 62:5-6
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defence; I shall not be moved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home