Thursday, October 30, 2003

His Name They Proclaim
The cost that many have paid and are paying for the name of Christ convicts me of my many-times ordinary attitude I have towards Christ. A few years back I read Jesus Freak. The stories were heart-wrenching. How easy is it to go about the everyday normal tasks in life, and forget. Forget the cost of my salvation. Forget to pray for my brothers and sisters that ARE being persecuted today for their Savior. Forget to treasure every moment I have to worship in FREEDOM. Monday night I came home and found the new issue of Decision Magazine. Flipped through to find these quotes.

Ignatius of Antioch wrote the following in the early second century before he was executed, most likely by wild beasts, in the Roman arena:

Come fire and cross and grapplings with wild beasts,
The rending of my bones and body,
Come allthe torment of the wicked one upon me.
Only let it be mine to attain Jesus Christ


Before Julitta of Caesarea (d. 303) was taken away to be burned alive, she is said to have spoken these words to the judge:

Let the estates I own be ravaged or given to others,
Let me lose my life and let my body be destroyed;
Rather than that I should speak on word against the Lord, who made me.


-From November's Issue of Decision Magazine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home