Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Dad
They are not going to have to do surgery on my dad which is a good thing. He still has to stay in the hospital for a few more days, at least. I was really struggling yesterday not to be anxious about everything, but by God's grace and friend's giving me encouraging reminders of God's Word, today I am resting in God. Keep praying for God's complete healing and ABOVE ALL, For GOD's Name to be Glorified in everything!

These are some verses and songs people have sent me.

Isaiah 43:1-2
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned and the flames shall not consume you.

From Lamentations 3:22-24
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end
They are new every morning
New every morning
Great is thy faithfulness oh Lord
Great is thy faithfulness.


"This Day"
By Steven Curtis Chapman
Yesterday the sky was bright and clear
I could see the sun and I could hear the song
Faith flowed like a river free and deep
And grace was not so hard to be believed
But that was yesterday
And what was close enough to touch
Now seems a world away
So what about this day

This day all His mercies are new
This day every promise is true
Father, help me to believe
Give me faith I need to know You
And trust You this day

This day

Who knows what tomorrow's light will bring
Tears to cry or maybe songs to sing out loud
But only God can see that far away
And He made us for living day by day
'Cause He wants us to see
That the God that He's been every day of history
Is who He is this day


'Cause You are the same yesterday and today and forever
Through every season Your truth and Your grace never change
Oh, Lord, I do believe
That the God that You've been every day of history
Is who You are this day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home