Monday, September 01, 2003

The Climb...

Fun First this weekend:

For the first time ever, I went CLIMBING. Up until now, my only experience was in Nashville on a climbing wall in a sports store. So anyway, on Saturday, I went with a group of friends to climb. It was a lot of fun. Frustrating too! LOL! (Dumb Rock!) I got some pics but will have to post them later when they are developed.

One practical picture the Lord gave me through my rock climbing experience.... I never realized how hard it is , while you are actually on the rock, to see the best places on the rock to put my feet and hands for sturdy footing and grip. I litteraly could only see a distorted view of the rock since I was right up on it. So as I was on the rock, my friends on the ground were not only encouraging me with each new step and level I climbed (which made me want to try harder to get higher and higher) but they were also giving me guidance on the best places to put my feet and hands. What a great picture of Christian brothers and sisters. Let's continue to encourage each other with each new step, and help each other find the best "footing and grip" that will lead us closer to Christ.

I want to die climbing (die climbing), die reaching, pressing on. -Tara Leigh Cobble

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home