Monday, September 08, 2003

Yeah, today I woke up quite sick and tired. The last thing I wanted to do was get out of bed. It's my own fault for staying out so stupidly late 2 nights in a row, all the while KNOWING I had to get up so insanely early this morning. So I woke up resenting the sound of my alarm, resenting the fact that I have NO discipline in going to bed on time, resenting the fact that I have an 8 o’clock Algebra 1/2 class. The last thing I wanted to do was think! But alas, I felt it necessary to haul myself out of bed. You know, it’s hard to praise the Lord in the morning when you don't even feel like praising ANYTHING but sleep, but it's at those times I feel it just as necessary. So I grab my guitar and start playing, not knowing what to sing, but knowing that there is a song to sing! Then words start escaping out of my mouth, Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me (which wasn't much at the time) bless his HOLY Name. Those words continued to ring in my heart and escape from my mouth. I feel ashamed that I don't have MORE 'in me' this morning to bless his HOLY Name, but the Lord is gracious and slow to anger, rich and love He is Good to all, who call on him! (From Psalm 145). Thus he gave me mercy and grace this morning and increased my capacity to bless Him more. Walking out the door, the most gorgeous sunrise gleamed on the lake. Bless the Lord, oh my soul! On the way to school the sky turned golden and cried out the greatness of God. Bless the Lord, oh my soul! Then I looked to the left and saw the largest, most brilliant, full rainbow I have ever seen. Bless the Lord, oh my soul!

For HE hath done GREAT things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home