Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Learning to Be Holy
I have been reading this Pursuit of Holiness book by Jerry Bridges. I know I've mentioned it several times, and probably will continue to do so as I read more and learn more. As I was going through some of the Chapters, the past weeks, I also landed on reading I John. There is some heavy stuff in there, and I don't pretend to even understand it all. The chapter that most baffled me was Chapter 3. Especially verse 9.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

These are times where I wish I knew Greek. Any thoughts on that verse or on that chapter?

As I was reading Pursuit of Holines and I John, I started writing... My writing was also birthed out of my One Day '03 experience this past May and the Passion Tour that I attened at Liberty last Thursday. Both places I heard godly men and women stand and deliver awesome God centered thoughts.

So here is part of what I wrote:
You say,
I am holy, so you must be the same
Pursue this purity for the glory of My Name
And when failure and sin tempt you to give up
Remember on the cross Christ took your blame
And it's all for My fame

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home