Monday, November 03, 2003

New Book
Bought and started reading Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges this past weekend. Just into the first chapter but it looks like it is going to be spiritually challenging and convicting (as if anything on holiness wouldn't be!) I don't know if this is true of all his books, but one thing that I appreciate about THIS book is that he gives so much scripture.

God continually reveals places in me that need changed (that are less than holy). I'm thankful for that, I ask Him for it, I want it, I need it, but at the same time the feeling of defeat sometimes overwhelms. I know that defeat is not TRUTH. I do know and believe the grace of God. So why so often do I let myself be fooled by the lie? God calls us to live a holy life, and has made the way through Jesus Christ. Praise be to him alone! Psalm 51

Just as I Am
Just as I am without one plea
But that thy blood was shed for me
And that Thou bid'st me come to Thee,

O Lamb of God, I come! I come!

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;

Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

O Lamb of God, I come, I come!


Jerry Bridges is an author and Bible teacher. His most popular title, The Pursuit of Holiness (NavPress), has sold over one million copies. He has authored several other books including The Discipline of Grace and Trusting God (also NavPress). Jerry is currently a part of the Navigator collegiate ministry group where he is involved in staff training and serves as a resource to campus ministries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home