Friday, January 23, 2004

None Compare!
Last night in True Life we were singing,

Holy Is The Lord
By Chris Tomlin

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
The earth is filled with His glory

It's rising up all around
It's the anthem of the Lord's renown


The Lord brought to my mind the a verse that we have been studying in Bible 9.

I Samuel 2:2
There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside Thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

Then this morning on the way to school I was listening to the Pat Brown Band cd (former memebers include Shane Barnard and Shane Everett). This song came on and again reminded me that no one can compare to God and His holiness!

None Compare
By Pat Brown

For the glory of Your name
Let the earth rejoice in Your fame and Your holiness
Who is like You?
None compare You're the fairest of thousands

The skies will sing of Your works
The clouds will let go and shower the earth with Your praise
The heavens declare the truth, glory and grace of the Lord


Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

So I started thinking about MY response to this Holiness of God. I Samuel 2 goes on to say in verse 3:

Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: For the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed!

Wow! If that is not a call to live HOLY lives, I dont know what is. My actions are weighed by God's holy scale!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home