Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Be Holy For I Am Holy
In my Bible 9 class we are studying the Holiness of God. Here are some quotes that have stuck out to me in studying this.

Continually restate to yourself what the purpose of your life is. The defined end of an individual is not happiness, not health, but holiness. The one thing that matters most is whether a person will accept the God who will make him holy. At all cost one must be rightly related to God. Do I believe I need to be holy? Do I believe God can come into me and make me holy? God has one destined end for humans - holiness. He is not an eternal 'blessing machine' for people. He did not come to save people out of pity; He came to save people because He had created them to be holy.
-Oswald Chambers

'How can I get the air out of this glass?' asked Moody.
'Suck it out with a pump,' one man said.
'That would create a vacuum and shatter the glass,' stated Moody.
Moody smiled, and picked up a pitcher of water, and filled the glass.
'Now all the air is removed.'
He went on to tell that victory in the Christian life is not by 'sucking out the sin here and there,' but rather by being filled with the Spirit.

-Story of D.L. Moody

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home