Friday, April 02, 2004

Filled With His Goodness, Lost In His Love
As I was worshiping this morning before I left for school, this old hymn popped into my mind. I was blessed by the reminder that we have assurance of eternity with Jesus once we have given our lives to him. No one can condemn us to any other destiny. So when I am discouraged of past or present failures, I will remind myself of my Blessèd Assurance in Christ Jesus my precious Savior and Lord! Because of God's abundant grace for his people I forever can be 'Filled with His goodness, lost in His love!' AMEN!

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. -NIV

I'm absolutely convinced that nothing--nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, 39high or low, thinkable or unthinkable--absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us. -The Message

Blessèd Assurance
Fan­ny Cros­by, 1873
Blessèd assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home