Saturday, June 19, 2004

Peace When I'm Confused

Thanks to everyone that has been praying for my dad. Many of you have asked how he is doing so I thought I would give a quick update. His abdominal cavity has been filling up with liquid that seeps from his liver (since the tumors are filling his liver), and that fluid creates a lot of pressure and pain. He has had to go 4 different times the past 5-6 weeks to get the fluid drained. Each time they have taken no less than 5 liters of fluid and sometimes up to 7. So just this past week he had a tube put in his stomach that he will have to wear around. This will allow him to drain the fluid at home. Initially this was really painful and he couldn't get out of bed, but thankfully he is doing a little better with it now. He still has a constant pain but it is somewhat manageable with pain medication. I thank you for your uplifting emails and thoughts and prayers. Things get tough at times, but your encouragement and faith in God pushes us to the same.

You
by Switchfoot
I find peace when
I'm confused
I find hope when
I'm let down
not in me ... me
in You
it's in you

I hope to lose myself
for good

I hope to find it in the end
not in me ... me
in You
in You
in You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home