Thursday, December 16, 2004

I have been reading through Exodus. Yesterday I got to Exodus 14:13-14. These verses take place right before the parting of the Red Sea. The Israelites have the Egyptian army on their back, and though they have seen God do many great things with all the plagues, they rebel against God and start to complain and worry. It is then that Moses speaks these words:

And Moses said to the people, "Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."

It was then that the Lord asks Moses why he is crying out to Him, and then tells him to stretch his rod over the sea and divide it.

I think I was exhorted by the amount of faith that Moses had when he was encouraging the people to not fear. He didnt know how God would deliver them. God had not yet revealed that to him, but he knew God, and His care for His people, therefore, He knew that God WOULD deliver them.

I think of how many ways God has 'delivered me' from my seemingly 'hopeless circumstances' though sometimes, when a new issue comes up, I forget WHOSE I am and I'm tempted to worry and complain. God consistantly reminds me, "Trust me!" How I long to have the faith that Moses did there with the Egyptian army at his back and the spread of the Red Sea before him! I also thank God for the grace that He gives me for the many times I am imperfect in this! All glory to HIM!


Before there was Time
Caedmon's Call

Before there were days
There were nights I could not see Your face
But the night could not keep me from grace
When You came and took my place

So I cry holy only begotten Son of God
Ancient of days
I cry holy only begotten Son of God
and sing the praises
Of the One who saved me
And the promises He made

--------------------------

My Best Friend sent me this quote on a card...

"Love as distinct from 'being in love' is not merely a feeling. It's a deep unity, maintained by the will and deliberately strengthened by habit; reinforced by the grace which both partners ask and reveive from God. They can have this love for each other even at those moments when they do not like each other... 'Being in love' first moved them to promise fidelity: This quieter love enables them to keep the promise. It is on this love that the engine of marriage is run: Being in love was the explosion that started it."

-CS Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home