Monday, September 15, 2003

Andy Peterson Concert!

Finished all my work with time to spare!

So this weekend...

Friday night I took off to see Andrew Peterson in Lynchburg. I ended up going up by myself which was totally cool b/c I always meet new people when I do that. This time I met Jennifer and Evans, a couple from Salem. They were celebrating their 18th wedding anniversary by attending the concert. They were awesome, and I got to enjoy the concert with them and talk about music and other stuff after. I think it's cool how you have a connection with believers no matter where you go!

So the concert was really good. It was the first that I had seen Andy without Gabe or Jamie, so it was a little different, but Randall Goodgame was there with him, and another very talented musician (i forget his name.)

Randall opened. Played about 4 of his songs. I think the thing that stuck out most about what he said was this... He was talking about Charles Shultz (He was introducing his Peanuts song) and he talked about how he (Mr. Schultz) was a believer (which I didnt know), and how he did everything with excellence. He didn't put little crosses in the corners of his cartoons, or anything like that, but when he had an open door, he would insert scripture into his cartoons. For instance, the Charlie Brown Christmas cartoon, Luke 2 is quoted by one of the characters. When the editors were looking at the script, they said, 'Oh, we'll take out that scripture part, b/c that will bore people.' Mr Schultz proceeded to say, 'Oh thats ok, we dont really NEED a Christmas cartoon.' The editors quickly recanted and said that they were just kidding about taking out the scripture. The point is this... Mr. Schultz did his work with excellence, thus he had opportunities to witness through them in a broader way (I mean, who HASN'T seen 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'?)

Andrew was his normal witty self. Shared lots of his new stuff, and some old songs too. I appreciate how he shares his heart with each song. It helps me to understand the songs better, and receive more from them.

At the end of the show, I said goodbye to my new friends, hopped in my car, and headed for home. When I pulled into my drive, I was quite exhausted from my week. I wanted to just fall asleep in my car, but I thought that I would sleep better in my bed (quite a thought!) so I walked into my house took off my jewelry on the way to my bed, hopped in, and was gone in 1.2 seconds!

I slept in, Saturday!!! Sleep is GOOD! Babysat my little niece, Maliah! She's a doll. We went with my dad and Mila to Lowes to get some plants. I've been trying to plant flowers in pots outside my new place. Usually I kill every kind of plant I touch, but so far I only have one casualty. Maybe my thumbs ARE starting to turn a little green.... or maybe just greenish... We'll see how these others survive! :)

Ok, that's all for now.

Chicks dinner night tonight at my place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home