Tuesday, September 09, 2003

ok, so here I am going to give a recap of the weekend AGAIN! Started off Friday night, hanging out at The Basement.

The Basement Coffeehouse
Open Every Friday Night
9p-12a
Free Food, Coffee, Open Mic, Concerts, Hang Out
Come Out!

Located in the Basement of River of Life Church
Ringgold, VA

Saturday I woke up early and met Ben and Josh to head on down to Charlotte to hang out and hit a Derek Webb show (formerly in the band Caedmon's Call.) We met my friend Molly from Tallahassee (who goes to college near Charlotte) at Lava Java (where my cell phone still resides!) Then we headed to a fairly large music store. Hung out there for a few hours, played around on lots of instruments. :) Then we headed to the show. Derek Webb and Sandra McCracken were awesome! Derek did a lot of teaching on the church. Some things that stuck out to me were the following statement paraphrases:

1. We (the church) need to start building relationships by being honest with each other about our sin. Confessing to each other.
2. Derek quoted a man that at his death stated that he needed to throw all his righteous deeds in a pile with his sin and filth, and run straight to Jesus for his righteousness.

There was so much more that I would never be able to put it all here, but if you have an opportunity to see Derek Webb, you should definately go!

Sunday was youth Sunday and the theme was, Moving Forward Together Cross Generationally Psalm 145 was spoken and Shane and Shane have a song Psalm 145 that we did a dance to. I totally recomend their music.

Later after church I met up with a group of True Lifers and we went to the House Party Concert in Raleigh. We saw Paul Colman Trio, Chris Rice, Nicole C. Mullens, Rachel Lampa, Sixpence, Third Day... Third Day was my FaVe! They did a lot of worship. Nichole C Mullen was great too. She did My Redeemer Lives which I LOVE! Chris Rice did Smell the Color 9 which I really like. Sixpense did some cool songs, but I can only listen to them for so long b/c all of their songs start sounding alike. Paul Colman was really funny. Rachel Lampa did Live For Him which is good.

Soooo... it was a fun concert filled weekend. By far I was blessed the most at the Derek Webb thing. I'll say it again. GO SEE HIM.

By the end of the weekend I was pretty tired, but NOW I've fully recovered. Soooo... Anyone want to go do it again THIS weekend??? I'm going to see Andrew Peterson in Lynchburg on Friday Night!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home