Tuesday, September 16, 2003

In a earlier post, I had mentioned that my secret sis had given me a book called A Passionate Pursuit of God by Tim Riter. The following is a clip from that book speaking of how we say we love God, but our actions are inconsistant with that:

"Imagine this coversation taking place as my wife and I drive away from our wedding reception. 'Sheila, I've been waiting so long to be your husband. I love you with all my being. But let's not get carried away and make our marriage mechanical. I'll drop you off at your house now and I'll go back to my place. I'll come by to see you at least once each week. By the way, i'll bring my laundry for you to do. I expect it to be clean and ironed when I pick it up. And let's not get exclusive. I'll continue to see several old girlfriends, but you will always be the most important. I'll try to give you a little money to help with expenses, but remember that I have a lot of finacial commitments.'

Ridiculous, isnt it? Yet how often do we do the same with God? We profess our belief and love, but our behavior neither matches our statements nor advances the relationship."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home