Thursday, October 02, 2003

Be There

Be All There
Came across this quote today in some reading.

Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.
-Jim Elliot

Burnin' Down the House
I can't believe that I forgot this about yesterday morning. It was 6:00 am. My morning zombiness hadn't quite worn off. There I was in the bathroom of my fairly new apartment getting ready for school, when it happened. The smell of burning wood permeated the air. "What is this smell?" I thought. Then I heard it! The fire alarm! It was blaring in my ears!

First thoughts: My new place is burning down. my guitar! My dad is going to die! My Guitar! I'm going to die. MY GUITAR! What should I do? Run for my life! Stay here and stand my ground? Fight the FIRE?

So I ran through the house in search of the 'fire', but nothing could be found. Called Mila. She came up and also could find nothing. It wasn't but a second later that I realized that I had just turned on my new heating system for the first time ever. Evidently, that is what the smell was coming from. Mystery solved. Guitar safe. Melissa Safe. Dad not mad. Off to school.

I'll blame my insanity on the cold weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home