Monday, September 29, 2003

Taking Off!

Ever feel like taking off, but not knowing where to go? Yesterday the day was beautifully vibrant, and it would have been foolish to sit inside and let it waste away. I had an itching to drive away. I hopped in my car not knowing my destination. I started to drive toward Roxboro. I ended up downtown Durham, not far from Duke University. As I walked down the side walk, there were many little eclectic shops that called for my visit. The first I stopped at was the Blue Coffee Company (I think that's the name). Grabbed my lunch for the day (Caramel Heaven Iced Coffee), and went on my way. The ambiance of the shop wasn't very warm or inviting (they did have a down stairs that I didn't visit.), though I must say that the frap was delightfully good.
From there I stopped in on a little used book store called Books on Ninth. Used book stores intrigue me. There are always hidden treasures to be found within the confines of their shelves, and the best part is that they are CHEAP! This time I found Imitations of Christ by Thomas A'Kempis (I noticed it b/c Adam had posted it on his blog last week.) It dates back to the 1400's and has influenced many great church leaders in history.
I walked around a little longer. Stopped in a few more places then headed back to Roxboro. I went to Walmart to get a pumpkin (I was in the fall spirit) then went to the park to read and write. I have to say, I miss Waverly pond in Tallahassee that I could go to, when I wanted to enjoy the outside with not many people around. While sitting at the park yesterday, I had to endure the obsenities that were being shouted by random tennis players. It was still nice to be outside.
Thank you, God, for simplicities in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home