Thursday, September 18, 2003

Last night I was leaving my house to go meet Faith at the park. As I stepped out of my house I saw the sky was painted pink. Not really being able to see the sky fully through the trees, I sped down my drive and the road to my house to get to a clearing. When I did, I saw an incredibly extravagant sun set. The sun was hidden but there was a blanket of clouds that extended what seemed as far as north is from south. As the blush blanket unfolded east there was a point that it just stopped, and from there on out the sky was blue as blue can be. The site was consuming. The sound track of this exhibit was "Only You" by David Crowder

Take my heart
Lay it down
At the feet of You who's crowned
And take my life
I'm letting go
I lift it up,
To You who's throned

And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You, Lord

Take my fret
Take my fear
All I have I'm leaving here
Be all my hopes
Be all my dreams
Be all my delights
Be my everything

And it's just You and me here now
Only You and me here now

You should see the view
When it's only YOU


The experience got me wondering. Has my capacity to see beauty increased? It seems that recently the sky has been more vibrant than ever, and I wonder if it has always been that way, and I have just been so preoccupied by other things to notice it and be in awe of it's Creator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home