Sunday, November 30, 2003

Country Come-Back?
This past weekend I went to Cheasapeake, VA with my family to be with aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. It was a rare occasion for us all to be able to hang out together since we are all sprinkled across the east coast. It was nice.

I drove, and Erin, Stuart, and Maliah road with me. On the way home, everyone was pretty worn, so everyone fell asleep (except for me, of course.) For some reason (maybe it was b/c I watched part of the country music awards), I felt a rare desire to break out some of my old country CDs. I went through a phase in my life where that is almost ALL I listened to. Scary, I know. Anyway, I put in some of my old faves. Diamond Rio, Blackhawk, Lone Star, Clint Black, Shenandoah... Kinda felt weird since I hadn't heard most of it in a while. Listening to some songs I was like, "What was I thinking, buying this stuff?" I did come across some really good ones though, and I have to say, I still like the stuff more than I thought I did. :) Anyway, this is part of a song that was one of my faves, and I thought it was applicable past 'girl/guy' love.

Something that We Do
...Love isn't something that we find
It's something that we do...
...Love isn't something that we have
It's something that we do...
...Love's not just something that we're in
It's something that we do...
...Love isn't someplace that we fall
It's something that we do
...
-Clint Black

Love isn't a feeling. It's serving and caring for each other's physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Let's 'DO' it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home