Friday, November 14, 2003

Search My Heart
God's primary means of searching our hearts this way is through His Word, as we read it under the power of the Holy Spirit. As we pray for God to search our hearts, we must continually expose ourselves to the searching or His Word. pg. 83
-Jerry Bridges
Pursuit of Holiness

The Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
-Hebrews 4:12

Thank you, Lord, for the Word that shows me that I don't measure up to your holiness. I see that I need a Savior. Thank you for not leaving me in that desparate place of needing, for you provided Jesus to be my righteousness. That gives hope, future, and a life abundant!

Guerrilla Warfare of Sin
So we see that though sin no longer has dominion over us, it wages its guerrilla warfare against us. pg. 88
-Jerry Bridges
Pursuit of Holiness

The prince of despair's been beated, but the loser still fights
-Caedmon's Call
Love Alone


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home