Monday, December 15, 2003

DC Trip
This weekend was refreshing fun. It kinda started out crazy. Amy drove down to my place with Josh, and then Amy and I headed up to her place in N. Va. AT MIDNIGHT! We drove through the night and got there just before daybreak. Then we crashed for a good 3-4 hours!
Saturday we went to a huge ski shop and I found some cool boarding threads! :) Also looked at some boards but didnt see anything jump out at me.
Later that day, Amy and I had every intention to go into the city and ice skate at an out door rink, but the weather took a not-so-slight chilly turn, so we opted for a cafe' to get some hot drinks and tour the smithsonian (free was the key there!) After an unexpected greeting from one of the guards (you'll have to read Amy's post) we took a brisk walk around the capitol to finish our drinks before we attempted to get past security again.
Later that night we played guitar for a bit. Shared stuff that we had written, and just had some good girl time. :)
Sunday we awoke to a beautiful blanket of pure white snow outside. We got ready, hit Starbucks (Eggnog Latte guys... you gotta try it!), and then went to church. The service was awesome. The corporate worship was Truth-Filled, Cross-Centered! The message was a challenging exhortation about fear.
After church Amy and I went to lunch with some of her friends. That was a fun time! I was glad to put some faces to some of the names I had heard, and I look forward to getting to know them better at New Attitude!
Sunday, I took an icey drive home. Actually the roads were pretty clear. Not bad at all.
SO I praise God for good fellowship.

New Reads
Started reading a few good books. Thought I would mention them here.

Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning
I got this one for my birthday last May from Micah. I had just started reading it and my sis wanted to borrow it, so I let her since I was in the middle of a few others. Got it back recently and decided to start over so I can get the whole book in one piece. :)

A quote from the book that goes a long with a message I heard by CJ Mahaney on cd on my way home from N. VA on Sunday.

Manning States, We often presume that trust will dispel the confusion, illuminate the darkness, vanquish the uncertainty, and redeem the times. But the crowd of witnesses in Hebrews 11 testifies that this is not the case. Our trust does not bring final clarity on this earth. It does not still the chaos or dull the pain or provide a crutch. When all else is unclear, the heart of trust says, as Jesus did on the cross, 'Into your hands I commit my spirit.' (Luke 23:46)

Fearlessly Feminine by Jani Ortland
Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney
These last two I ordered a bit ago from the Sovereign Grace WebStore, but I'm just getting into them. I will post more about them later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home