Thursday, December 04, 2003

Mushy Morning
As I posted this morning, we are out of school today. I'm here with Maliah, while everyone else went to work. She and I played, read, and watched Nemo (for like the forty thousandth time), but now she is taking a nap. As I sit here, it continues to sleeting a little outside, but nothing major. Most of the snow has been rained away, and we're just left with a few mushy remnants.

As Disciples
So, the other morning, I was reading in John 8 and I came across the verses John 8:31-36. I posted them b/c they were such an encouring Truth to me. I had finished up Pursuit of Holiness not long ago, and those verse put an exclamation point on what God was teaching me through that book. Last night I was doing some reading in Of The Imitation of Christ by a' Kempis and I randomly landed on Book Three, Chapter IV. Much of the chapter is a reflection on those verse.

Book Three, Chapter IV
WE MUST WALK BEFORE GOD IN HUMILITY AND TRUTH
.
THE VOICE OF CHRIST
MY CHILD, walk before Me in truth, and seek Me always in the simplicity of your heart. He who walks before Me in truth shall be defended from the attacks of evil, and the truth shall free him from seducers and from the slanders of wicked men. For if the truth has made you free, then you shall be free indeed, and you shall not care for the vain words of men.

THE DISCIPLE
O Lord, it is true. I ask that it be with me as You say. Let your truth teach me. Let it guard me, and keep me safe to the end. Let it free me from all evil affection and badly ordered love, and I shall walk with You in great freedom of heart. (more)


From The Chasing Song
Well, I realize that falling down ain't graceful
But I thank the Lord that falling's full of grace
Sometimes I take my eyes off Jesus
And you know that's all it takes

-Andrew Peterson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home