Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Smells Like Christmas
Yep, My little apartment is filled with the aroma of the Christmas season. On Sunday, Erin, Maliah, and I ventured out into Danville to find a Christmas tree. No ax in hand. We did it the easy way... We went to Walmart, where we found a GREAT-looking tree. We bought it, threw it in the back of the truck, and hauled it home! (Side Note #1 - I was very thankful to have my dad's truck. I remember years where Amber and I would have to strap that thing to the top of her car, or stuff it in our trunk to get it home. Funny memories.) Anyway, when I got home, my grandpa and dad helped me unload, and saw that thing to perfection! With my grandpa under the tree, and me holding the top, we got that thing to stand straight and tall in about 5 minutes! (Side Note #2 - Again, I'm remembering hours upon hours of frustration Amber and I had trying to get OUR tree in Tally to stand. The feeling of finally getting the thing to stand, knowing if we EVEN breathed CLOSE to it, it would probably fall over! What did we know about setting up a Tree??? Funny Memories! Fun Memories!) Anyway, now my apartment is all decked out for the season. Friends came over last night and helped me decorate the tree, light my deck, eat cake and drink hot chocolate. Christmas gets me excited!

The Night Before Christmas
But you don’t have to be an angel to sing harmony
And you don’t have to be a child to love the mystery

-Carly Simon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home