Sunday, January 25, 2004

My Reward
God has really been teaching me lately that, as Shane Barnard puts it, JESUS is our reward! In his concerts, Shane tells the story of the Prodigal Son. He tells how the older son is embittered b/c the younger has partied and squandered his wealth, but then gets a welcome home party. But the older son had the reward of being with the Father while the younger was away. That is the greatest reward. Being with our Savior!

How often I lose focus of that. How often I forget.

Luke 15:31 And he said to him, "Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours."

From Song of Surrender
by Shane Barnard

There is a wicked man in me
Wanting the wicked man's disease
Fleeting pleasures, but pleasure indeed
Oh Lord, take my envy of these things
And the prideful war within
Take me to the place of sweet surrender

You are, You were, You will always be better!

This is a song of surrender
For whom have I but You?
You are, You are better

Forever so much better than the world
You are my portion (Lord you are...)
You are my portion (my reward...)
You are my portion
My never ending, overflowing Lord

My reward
My reward
My portion, Lord!


Psalm 73

Luke 15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home