Thursday, February 19, 2004

Encouragement From the Word
I was encouraged (by email) to read Psalm 27 this morning. The follwoing verses stood out to me.

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD , this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

I shared the verses with my first period class, and also shared the following:

The Lord is my light! A light 'lights' the way. Because of light, we can see things in proper perspective. Because I know God, I can see things in proper perspective.... and trust in God's Sovereignty.

And my salvation! God has already taken care of my most dire and basic need of salvation!

Whom shall I fear? Because God is THE Sovereign LIGHT, and HE has taken care of my need of salvation, I have no need to fear people, situations, future, circumstances, etc...

My response? One thing I ask of the LORD , this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Providentially I had been listening to Shane and Shane on the way to school, and the song Sweet Illumination caught my attention.

Sweet Illumination
by Shane Barnard
One thing, one thing
This is what i desire, this is what i desire
Sweet illumination, sweet illumination
That i may gaze upon His face
O, to know this man

Sweet illumination, sweet illumination
To glory in the presence of the King
Behold the sweet essence of this one thing
That i may know the Spring within me
As it rises the Spring, so sweet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home