Monday, February 23, 2004

Tired But Rejoicing
Rejoice in the Lord in ALL things! His mercies are NEW every morning! I was worshiping this morning, and this song became my morning heart's cry.

Step by Step
by Rich Mullins
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You

I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days


I like how it says 'step by step you lead me', NOT week by week or day by day, or even Leap by Leap.... only step by step. Oh, how I need Jesus, and how I love HIM so!

Also, the Lord has been reminding me that His leading (and me following HIS will) has everything to do with obeying His Word and Living as Jesus lived (in love of God and others).

Read this passage this morning:

I Peter 2:21-22
This is the kind of life you've been invited into, the kind of life Christ lived. He suffered everything that came his way so you would know that it could be done, and also know how to do it, step by step. He never did one thing wrong, not once said anything amiss.

I finished this song a few weeks ago (I had started the beginnings of it when I was leaving Tallahssee) when I was thinking about what it means to follow God's will. It has a lot of my friend Heidi's influence and also some influence of a song I heard from Jill Phillips recently. I hope I didn't plagerize them! Both of them are great artists that I encourage you to listen to!

Make Me New
Let me walk in your grace
As I take a step of faith
I'll lean on Your strong arms

My desire is to be
Where You want me to be
And do what You want me to do

Chorus:
So lead me on
To the Path of Your way
Change me to be like You
If You want me to go
I don't want to stay
I just want to follow You
In whatever I do
Make me NEW

Sometimes its so hard
To hear and to know
What voice I should listen to

Lord, tune my heart
And quiet my soul
So I can hear from You

(Chorus)

So whether I'm here
Or You take me there
Help me obey Your Word
I commit my life
And I'll walk in Your grace
It's all about You, LORD!

(Chorus)

Let me walk in your grace
As I take a step of faith
I'll lean on Your strong arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home