Tuesday, April 06, 2004

The Cattle and a Thousand Hills
Living in NC has been a change for me this past year and a half, especially since I moved to the lake b/c we are out in the BOOOONIES (we cant even get cable, cell phone reception, or voicemail! LOL!) It was a major adjustment not to have everything right at your fingertips, and I don't think that I would have willingly chose it if the Lord had not put that in my heart. I can remember time of thinking, 'I'll never go back there where there is NOTHING!' My point? This evening I was driving back from Roxboro on a totally remote backwoods road, and I was noticing all the fields, rolling hills, and the cows dispersed throughout, and just admiring the beauty of it all. The sun was setting, and though I wasn't playing and bluegrass music, I could hear it in my head. It was awesome! Don't get me wrong, there is still that 'city girl' inside of me, but today I just was lovin' driving 70 mph on the open back roads admiring the fields, sunset, and even the cows! :)

Love Song For A Savior
In open fields of wild flowers
She breathes the air flies away
She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses
In no simple language
Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all

~Jars Of Clay


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home