Thursday, May 13, 2004

I Can't Get Enough

From Psalm 62
These excerpts of Psalms 62 are taken from the Message paraphrase.

God, the one and only--I'll wait as long as he says. Everything I need comes from him.
He's solid rock under my feet
My help and glory are in God -granite-strength and safe-harbor-God--So trust him absolutely, people; lay your lives on the line for him.
God said this once and for all; how many times have I heard it repeated? "Strength comes straight from God."
Love to you, Lord God!


Praise God! He is our strength in hard times. He is our Joy. He is all we need. He is our sufficiency. He is our salvation. He is our help. He is our PERFECT, HOLY, LOVING GOD. Thank you, God, for giving us YOU!

From Psalm 63 The Message
God--you're my God! I can't get enough of you! I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts.
So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory. In your generous love I am really living at last!
My lips brim praises like fountains. I bless you every time I take a breath; My arms wave like banners of praise to you.


Man, what passion the psalmist writes with! What love for the Savior! I desire to have that passion and love! I desire to 'drink in God's strength and glory', to bask in God's 'generous love', to spout praises 'like fountains'! Holy Spirit, come! Do this in me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home