Monday, May 24, 2004

What's Central?

Last year I read a book called The Cross Centered Life written by CJ Mahaney. It was a small little power packed book that changed my thinking on the absolute NECESSITY of reminding myself of the gospel ALL the TIME! It's something that I NEED! I knew I needed the cross for salvation, but I don't think I realized how pertinent it was to my growth as a Christian, and my worship to God. It's been a while since I've read the little book, and I should probably go back through it again. I mention all of this b/c this weekend I was in Fairfax at Fairfax Covenant Church (a Sovereign Grace Church) and there was a flyer in the bulletin about a new CD called Songs for The Cross Centered Life. It is a compilation of many great songs that focus on aspects of the Cross. I got to listen to it my trip home last night and on the way to school today. It was very uplifting! It helped me focus on the MOST important thing as I was driving to school. :) Check it out in the Sovereign Grace Store!

Let Me Sing
I want to open up my arms and embrace that old rugged cross,
I want to take pride in the reason, and be humbled by the cost.

-Andrew Peterson

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on online guitars I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to What's Central?, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about online guitars. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at online guitars. You never know you may find some good deals!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home