Thursday, October 09, 2003

Growing Pains
This has been a short week at school b/c of Fall break, which officially began two hours ago. Though short, it has been a hard, testing, growing week for me. Nothing like a daily dosage of adolescents to cure even the worst case of pride! Nothing like some good 'ol Iron Sharpening.

Wilderness Rap
Teaching Bible is always a challenge. It keeps me on my toes. I want them to find joy in learning about Scripture and God but so many times it becomes another class that they have to do work for. So in my 8th grade class we are studying 'Making Wise Decisions'. We look at the story in the OT of the 12 spies that went into the Land of Caanan to scope out the land. So in order to make this a little more fun, the students wrote what we call, The Wilderness Rap. Here are some parts of them.

WR #1
Ten spies reports weren't good
The other two were up in the hood
The people said we won't go
It's dagerous YO
the ten spies dropped dead
Just like God said.


WR #2
Here's a little rhyme
From back in the time
Of Numbers 14 to go in your mind
Now the people they complained
Against God's holy name
'Cause they'd been wandering in the desert and going insane


Silly Words
Last night I was @ my mom's and Brandon and I were saying words that started with the 'sp' blend (he's learning to read.) Evidently he thought my words were funny b/c he started cracking up and said, Melissa, Say other silly words... Like Snuffalow!

My question... What the heck is a Snuffalow???

Who's that Girl?
Ok, I thought I was going a little CRAZY. Yesterday, when I was looking at my friend Bob's new Bobsite there was a picture that looked like me, but the only problem is that I did not remember taking it, nor did I know the other people in the picture. I thought and I thought, then I thought some more. Still couldn't figure it out. There must be an imposter ME out there! Then, the mystery was solved when I found out that it WAS me, but it was an altered picture to spoof a TV show. I guess things aren't always what they seem. LOL! Kinda scary!

Worship Discussion Continues...
Check out the latest on Josh's Site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home