Monday, February 09, 2004

To Lighten the Mood
Funny snowboard story... Yesterday I was boarding and had learned to do some tight carves (as opposed to my wide, mostly left carves from before). Anyway, I was eager to show off my new tricks! My friend, Josh (who had been boarding over on the diamonds) and I met up, and that was MY CHANCE! So I pridefully said, 'Watch This!' I did a little stretch of carves and was thoroughly proud of myself! So proud that I turned around and said, 'Not too bad, hu...." Before "HUH?" could get out of my mouth, caught my edge on some deep snow and my board did not ONE, not TWO, but many many tumbles (as I was still attatched to it!) Ok, it had to be the most hillarious, classic thing to watch! I sat there and laughed and laughed and laughed... as Josh came over laughing and said, Thanks, Mel, you made my night!

LOL! I was so excited to make some boarding progress! Learning new things is always a blast! Soooo.... Anyone want to race???

Other funny things of the night! I also got my first intentional 'air' of the season. I sailed a good 3 centimeters into the air after jumping a bump! LOL! And the best thing.... I landed it! Watch out! I'm on my way!

Also a first... I went down my first black diamond ever! ummm... on my butt, though so I'm not so sure that counts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home