Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Trusting God's Goodness
This post is not about me, not that I don't go through trials and hard times, b/c I do, and this is definately applicable to them, but I read this and thought of so many people that I have known, do know, will know, and have read about that have faced pain and heartache and praise God through that and in it. That has been the biggest testimony to me. An example for me to look to when I face hard times. God is good, not because everything is good around us, but because HE IS. Looking at circumstances through the lense of God's goodness produces the photograph of hope. It's a very different picture than we, in and of ourselves, take.

From Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning
Gerald May writes, "I know that God is loving and that God's loving is trustworthy. I know this directly, through the experience of my life. There have been plenty of times of doubt, especially when I used to believe that trusting God's goodness meant I would not be hurt. But having been hurt quite a bit, I know God's goodness goes deeper than all pleasure and pain; it embraces them both.

Job 13:15
In the midst of immense trials and sufferings Job states, Even though he slay me, yet will I trust him.

Your glory, I Seek
Glory, glory
To my God and King
Glory, glory
In my suffering

Glory, glory
To my God and King
Glory, glory
In everything

This trial is more precious than anything
Than this world offers
Though the fire burn down deep
It's Your glory that I seek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home