Sunday, February 01, 2004

Blessed
I was in church this morning and was incredibly blessed by the reminder of God's sufficiency for me, and the fact that he has dealt with my every need, the most important being my need of salvation from my sin through the sacrifice of Jesus. I am overwhelmed by his love. Here are parts of some of the songs we sang that really reminded me of God's provision in my life!

I Love You, I Need You
by Noah Pennell
Your light piercing my darkness
Your love restoring my soul
Your blood washing away my sin
Your body making me whole...


Forever
by Chris Tomlin and Jesse Reeves
...For He is good he is above all things...
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever


Here I Am To Worship
by Matt Redman
I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross


Enough
by Chris Tomlin
All of you is more than enough for all of me,
For every thirst and Every need
You satisfy me, with your love
And all I have in YOU is more than enough!


My pastor made the following statement previous to singing these songs to the Lord (this is a paraphrase of his thought with my own following.) don't know me by my weaknesses or by my strengths, but by God's grace. Anything I do that is good is God's grace working in me, and the times I am weak and I fall, because of Jesus' sacrifice, God's grace picks me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home